Portrait art is, it is a genre of art which mainly intents to showcase a human subject. A portrait painting may include someone’s facial expressions or depict events such as war. Adjusted to the modern day requirements of the people, the contemporary portrait art is achieved.
Portrait paintings are the reason most artists are well known. Historically, portrait paintings were associated with the powerful, renowned personalities. However, contemporary ones are those usually commissioned by the government or private organizations.
What is in it For the Upcoming Artists?
Newbie artists invest a lot of time and energy in portrait art. Why so? Below mentioned are some of the benefits which will surely prove to you why new artists are choosing portrait art as their area of interest.
1. Artists have the benefit of being able to paint the picture in privacy, away from everyone. This does not happen in landscape paintings where you usually have a dozen people buzzing around your head while you try to concentrate on your drawing.
2. Artists can repaint their picture a number of times. This could be through watercolors or oil paints. In the end, artists could decide whichever medium suits him the best. Newbies have the freedom of making the best picture before presenting the final copy.
3. Making portraits help to work within a set time limit. It also makes new artists quite patient. Artists have to correct every small error there might be as a minute difference could ruin the subject’s face. This helps artists when they become famous and have to work on simultaneous projects at the same time in a limited time frame.
4. Portrait art helps artists become more creative and original – some of the most essential characteristics. This form of art is a way to see something. Artists conceive things from their own perspective and then draw, hence producing something amazingly different from those of others.
5. Portrait art gives new artists a chance to stretch their creativity to the maximum point and bring out the true potential in them. Every person has a different sense of creativity instilled in them that needs a proper platform to exhibit itself.
6. Portrait art is a dose of self-expression and exploring one’s self. Each picture the artist draws actually reflects the way he/she thinks and looks at other people around them. It provides people around them with an opportunity to understand the artist better.
Art is not just a hobby, it symbolizes culture, traditions and customs. An artist at work has a huge responsibility on his shoulder. He is not just painting a picture, he is honoring art as well as the person he is portraying. Hence, if you see new artists’ portrait paintings for sale buy them! Encourage the artist to flourish and do better.
For centuries, art, is a process of learning, self-development and discipline. Discovered in caves and now on canvases, it is a medium through which people see the world and communicate to each other. Art, is beautiful and in whatever genre found; it should be appreciated and promoted.