About the Artist:
Lebanese born, Suzi Fadel Nassif, is a famed contemporary artist whose creative mind springs to life, artwork of intriguing mobility, wonder and emotional resonance. Naturally gifted from an early age, Suzi was determined to reach the pinnacle of her artistry. Driven by the artistic expressions of Salvador Dali, she developed a keen eye for minute details, analyzing colors and texture. Journeying into groundbreaking abstract impressionism and surrealism, she gains inspiration from the interconnectedness of people from different walks of life, cultural diversity, mysteries of existence and the semblance of emotions.
Using oil and acrylics as her primary mediums, she elevated her work and propelled her career into the international market. Since beginning her professional painting career in 2014, Suzi went on to travel the world, exhibiting her work at notable art events and exhibitions in countries like France, Russia, Japan, Italy, England, USA and Portugal. In 2015, she was the recipient of the Vera Award, the Unicef Award, and the Leonardo Da Vinci Award. She attained the CasanovaArts Lover Award in 2016 and most recently, the Certificate of Excellence, Palm Award in 2017.
Filled with the ambition to attain new heights, Suzi merges the old and the new into a coalescent mix by reviving the idiosyncrasies of legends like Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo and Andy Warhol, bringing resurgence into her work. Her ability to tell compelling stories through her artwork in the form of shapes and bursts of colors, borrows from Scheherazade’s spiral storytelling method. Fascinated by the tales of people, Suzi mentally captures glimpses and gazes of facial expressions in times of joy or sorrow which filters through into her paintings. Enhancing these emotions, she adds a twist of surrealism that bridges an emotional connection with art enthusiasts.
Working out of her studio between Lebanon and Dubai, Suzi signed with world-renowned Sapphire and Ventura Gallery in NewYork. Building on the momentous successes over the years, she continues to create mesmerizing pieces and expand the gallery in her heart, as she expresses her love for art and life.
Art Events & Exhibitions:
- Art Basel, Miami at Arte collective Gallery and Art fusion Gallery
- Orchestra, Solo Exhibition at Coya, Dubai, 2017
- START Art Fair, Saatchi Gallery, London, 2017
- Santa fe Art fair, New mexico, Arte Collective Gallery, 2017
- Exhibition in Art Fusion Gallery, Miami, Florida, 2017
- VIVA LA VIDA, VIVA EL AMOR SOLO EXHIBITION at COYA, Dubai, 2016
- Venice Biennale: Viva Arte Viva WORLD TOUR VENEZIA, 2016
- Art Basel at COYA Miami, 2016
- Carousel de Louvre, Paris, 2016
- VIVA LA VIDA, VIVA EL AMOR, Solo Exhibit at COYA, London, 2016
- The 10th Moscow international Festival of Arts “Traditions &Contemporaneity/Moscow, 2016
- Tokyo Art Fair, 2016
- World Art Dubai Exhibition, 2016
- Sonnet of Every Breath- Solo Exhibition, Lisbon, 2016
- Fragment of Nostalgia, Solo Exhibit at COYA, Dubai 2015
- VERA Festival, Portugal, 2015
- Exhibition at Ajman Saray, Dubai, 2015
- The Address Hotel, 2015
- International Design Exhibition (INDEX) Dubai, 2015 World Art Dubai Exhibition, 2015
- BAL MASQUE Solo Exhibition in Authentic Art Gallery, Dubai, 2015
- Woman in Art, Courtyard Gallery Exhibition, Dubai, 2008 & 2013
- Vera Awards, 2015
- Unicef Award, 2015
- Leonardo Da Vinci Awards
- 2015 Casanova- Arts Lover Award,
- 2016 Certificate of Excellence
- Palm Award 2017
From a very young age, I was aware of my orientation towards the visual arts. My notebooks were filled with various sketches, artistic fonts and vivid colors. I took – and continue to take – pleasure in finding beauty in every- thing. My eyes and my mind have become accustomed to admiring and analyzing details, colors and textures. I had always known I would follow my artis- tic dreams, wherever they make take me. Perhaps what inspired me most about Paulo Coelho is
his quote, “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to help you achieve it.
Over the years, I visited museums and galleries and explored many design- related areas and I am happy to have become a self-taught artist. Aside from basic art classes in high school, I pursued hotography classes and explored different design software’s. The knowledge base I continue to expand has al- lowed me to sharpen my artistic skills to be able to realize, visualize and ex- press my thoughts and emotions in various media which include oil, acrylic, photography, and digital art. For me, it essentially revolves around the need to create and the art of creation, or
I have deep faith in Picasso’s words: “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.
Innovative diversification is the cornerstone contemporary of my art oeuvres. From black and white to vivid colors, mild to sharp and sassy strokes, and different styles and mediums, my paintings tell a unique story with deep emotional echoes.
In the words of Picasso: “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.
FB: THE ART CELL