About the Artist:
Suzi Fadel Nassif is a contemporary artist that has been fascinated with Salvador Dali’s art expressions ever since a young age. The influence of some of the most famous Spanish artists can be felt in the majority of Suzi’s works. Suzi also implements touches of surrealism into her artworks.
Suzi, originally from Lebanon, moved to Dubai in the early nineteen nineties where she pursued her artistic self in various mediums including oil, acrylics, photography and digital art. Throughout the years up to 2012, Suzi desired to use oil and acrylics. Since then all her art pieces have been stronger than ever before, and this opened the door to a Global Art Market. “ My eyes and mind have become accustomed to admiring and analyzing details, colors, and textures; whilst my heart is striking for expressing Love, Art, Life, Challenge, Culture and Differences in my paintings. I had always known I would follow my artistic dreams and desires wherever they may take me”- Suzi Fadel Nassif.
* A common passion for an artist is literature, which brought her to meeting world acclaimed writer Paulo Coelho in 2003. Suzi became Paulo’s agent in the Middle East and for the first time translating his books into Arabic.
Suzi is mesmerized by people, society, emotions and different life experiences, which are well reflected in all her works. Suzi mixes the old and the new, and resurrecting legends like Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol and many other famous personalities back to life in quite a different life form than how they were before.
Art Events & Exhibitions:
- Orchestra, Solo Exhibition at Coya, Dubai, 2017
- START Art Fair, Saatchi Gallery, London, 2017
- Santa fe Art fair, New mexico, Arte Collective Gallery, 2017
- Exhibition in Art Fusion Gallery, Miami, Florida, 2017
- VIVA LA VIDA, VIVA EL AMOR SOLO EXHIBITION at COYA, Dubai, 2016
- Venice Biennale: Viva Arte Viva WORLD TOUR VENEZIA, 2016
- Art Basel at COYA Miami, 2016
- Carouselle de Louvre, Paris, 2016
- VIVA LA VIDA, VIVA EL AMOR, Solo Exhibit at COYA, London, 2016
- The 10th Moscow international Festival of Arts “Traditions & Contemporaneity/Moscow, 2016
- Tokyo Art Fair, 2016
- World Art Dubai Exhibition, 2016
- Sonnet of Every Breath- Solo Exhibition, Lisbon, 2016
- Fragment of Nostalgia, Solo Exhibit at COYA, Dubai 2015
- VERA Festival, Portugal, 2015
- Exhibition at Ajman Saray, Dubai, 2015
- The Address Hotel, 2015
- International Design Exhibition (INDEX) Dubai, 2015
- World Art Dubai Exhibition, 2015
- HF Boutique Collaboration Fashion & Art Event, 2015
- BAL MASQUE Solo Exhibition, 2015.
- Woman in Art, Courtyard Gallery Exhibition, Dubai, 2008 & 2013
- Vera Awards, 2015
- Unicef Award, 2015
- Leonardo Da Vinci Awards, 2015
- Casanova- Arts Lover Award, 2016
- Certificate of Excellence. Palm Award 2017
This year I signed with world-famous art galleries;
- Arte Collective Gallery, Miami, Florida, USA
- Art Fusion Gallery, Miami, Florida, USA
- JP ART GALERIE, Cannes, France
From a very young age, I was aware of my orientation towards the visual arts. My notebooks were filled with various sketches, artistic fonts and vivid colors. I took – and continue to take – pleasure in finding beauty in every- thing. My eyes and my mind have become accustomed to admiring and analyzing details, colors and textures. I had always known I would follow my artistic dreams, wherever they make take me. Perhaps what inspired me most about Paulo Coelho is his quote, “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to help you achieve it.
Over the years, I visited museums and galleries and explored many design- related areas and I am happy to have become a self-taught artist. Aside from basic art classes in high school, I pursued photography classes and explored different design software’s. The knowledge base I continue to expand has al- lowed me to sharpen my artistic skills to be able to realize, visualize and ex- press my thoughts and emotions in various media which include oil, acrylic, photography, and digital art. For me, it essentially revolves around the need to create and the art of creation, or I have deep faith in Picasso’s words: “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.
Innovative diversification is the cornerstone contemporary of my art oeuvres. From black and white to vivid colors, mild to sharp and sassy strokes, and different styles and mediums, my paintings tell a unique story with deep emotional echoes.
in the words of Picasso: “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.